Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 - at the Shedd Aquarium

This is my inaugural blog post.  Over the years, my varying interests have often led me to blogs written by similarly interested people.  I've often thought keeping a blog would be fun, but have been deterred by fear that it would come off conceited.  

Be gone, Trepidation!  Per Matt Cutts's TED Talk on trying something new for 30 days (link below), I am starting a blog for the month of January.  My New Year's resolution for 2014 is to try something new for each of the next 12 months -- I'll keep you updated as I brainstorm the 11 other new things.

I imagine I'll share at least one TED Talk, Wikipedia article, Spanish word of the day, and maybe my Everyday photo in my daily posts.

As I write this particular entry, I'm sitting in the Bubble Net Cafe at the Shedd Aquarium with the family plus Mariah plus Barbie minus Maggie.  (Maggie's in Cancun with the Zappia family.)  Pics below.

We're resting our legs and playing QuizUp. 



TED Talk

Wikipedia
Ransome E. Olds -- inventor of modern day assembly line -- which is often mistakenly attributed to Henry Ford

Spanish Word
borracho -- someone that has had too much to drink

Everyday Photo
January 1, 2014


Sam, Dad, Evie, and Mom over Evie's shoulder


Barbie, Josie, me, and Mariah
G outtie

No comments:

Post a Comment