Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 3 -- super lazy and quiet day in the house

Shortly after I posted Day 2 last night I received the email from the Law School Admission Council reporting my unofficial LSAT score.  I'm not thrilled with a 162, but I'm not disappointed, either.  For this particular LSAT test, it was in the 85th percentile.  It's a comfortable score for most of the schools to which I am applying, but I'm still no shoe in!  What a relief, though!

It occurred to me that posting my Everyday picture would likely come off as moderate to severe vanity if the reader doesn't know what Everyday is.  It's an iOS app for taking a picture of one's face every day (or week or month) which also compiles a time lapsed video.  It was a fairly popular YouTube sensation a few years back, now with thousands of [Insert Name] Takes a Picture of [Him/Her]self Everyday for a [Period of Time].  I uploaded my "1 Year of George III" video in November.

TED
Juan Enriquez is a super interesting dude.  I want to share this TED Talk of his asking, "Will our kids be a different species?"  Really, an incredible thinker.  I literally dream most nights about the future he describes.

Wikipedia
In theme with Enriquez's future, this is the Wikipedia page for the Timeline of the near future.  Not a Wikipedia page, but FutureTimeline.net is a particularly fun (and thorough) website if this topic excites you.  (I recommend searching "transhuman" and "nanotechnology".)

Spanish Word
pijo -- a guy that's a fashion victim who always wears the best designer apparel.  In usage: Ian is probably the biggest pijo I know.  He's a bona fide pijo.

Everyday Photo
January 3, 2014

1 comment: