Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 19 -- Sunday Funday

I'm stealing away from my roommates to write a quick blog post.  We're hosting a party a little later today at The Nest (118 Lawnview), so I invite you to come hang out for a bit!

TED
This Talk is super interesting.  David Christian: The history of our world in 18 minutes.  At the end, he quickly promotes www.bighistoryproject.com, a free history course geared towards high school students, but open for everyone.  It's interactive, has a really slick design, and I already enrolled (only takes signing up via Facebook).  I can't wait to get a better understanding of how we got here, how out of mush and chaos complexity and beauty formed.



Wikipedia
After I watched the TED Talk, I got to thinking about humankind.  Of course we are not without our horrific flaws, but we also have done some pretty cool stuff.  I wondered what the tallest buildings we've created, so here's the Wikipedia List of tallest buildings in the world.

Spanish Word
happy hour -- happy hour.  It's typically the same.  But here are some expressions they also might use:

hora del amigo -- hour of friends
dos por uno -- two for one
el campanazo -- the bell
hora de la campana -- bell time

Thanks for reading -- hope you stop by for a little Nest Fest!

No comments:

Post a Comment