Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 9 -- 1,000 pageviews and counting!

Sometime between midnight and now (17:12), my Try Something New for 30 Days blog reached 1,000 pageviews.  Honestly, I'd have been thrilled to have 1,000 views in total throughout the month.  All thanks to you, friends, family, and random Canadian!

I finished the book I've been reading on my Kindle Paperwhite, The Litigators: A Novel by John Grisham.  I liked it, but not enough to rave about it.  What I will rave about is the Kindle, though.  I've never been much of a reader, but for the past 6 months my Kindle has started to change that.  Book discovery and convenience are two huge reasons I've taken up reading for pleasure.  I love being able to pick up where I left off on any of my devices with the Kindle reading apps.  I'll start Joel Fuhrman's Eat for Health tonight.

TED
Though this video was recorded four years ago and before New York lawmakers, it is still very relevant and thought provoking.  33 states still ban same-sex marriage.  Only seven and a half minutes long, Diane J. Savino provides a powerful case for same-sex marriage.  (Also, I realized I should just be embedding these videos.)

Wikipedia
If you read last Thursday's post, you may remember I embarked on a 3 week journey to earn the New Brew Thursday badge in Untappd, the social beer drinking network.  Tonight, I'll be going to Bleachers "The Bar" with a few South Benders and will share a pitcher of Boulder Beer Company's Killer Penguin Barleywine Ale.  Quite excited.  Last night, I sampled Bare Hands Brewery's Barley Wine as a part of their Beer Flight sampler.

So anyways... I will be reviewing Wikipedia's Beer style: Elements of beer page in preparation for the sophisticated discussions and reviews that will follow our sampling tonight.

Spanish Phrase
cuídate mucho y sigue siguiendo el buen camino -- take care and keep following the good path.

A kind farewell before I leave for Dayton I received today from a bilingual friend.

Everyday Photo
January 9, 2014

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment