Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21 -- Blood Smoothies

Actually, it's "blood and smoothies," but I omitted the "and" in an attempt to hook you in!  Did it work?

I donated 1 pint of blood at The RecPlex today.  I set the record for fastest time (because there was no prior record -- I asked them if I could "set" it).  4 minutes and 21 seconds.

The smoothies part of the title refers to the super green blended salad I brought in a mason jar to the donation site.  Most of the staffers working there had a lot of questions about it.  I referred them to Joel Fuhrman, of course.

Something New for February 2014
I need help identifying some more new things to do throughout the year.  This blog was January's devotion, so I'll need to be ready to start something in February.  Either leave a post below or comment on the Facebook share if you have any ideas.  Below are a few I thought up this morning (in no particular order)

  • run 100 miles throughout the month
  • write a 50,000 word novel (see http://nanowrimo.org/)
  • silent/dark/seated meditation for 20 minutes (I usually do a little meditation ritual for 5 minutes as I fall asleep -- this would be quite different a much harder)
  • go full out vegan (or more full out and eat only raw foods)
  • up before 6:00am
  • watch a documentary everyday
  • cold showers
Any suggestions?  I'd love to consider your ideas.

TED
A few years old now, but still pretty interesting - Peter Molyneux: Meet Milo, the virtual boy.  I haven't seen it yet, but I wonder if the artificially intelligent OS in Her will take on a form like Milo, allowing every person to have his/her own OS friend... 


Wikipedia
I did the first day of a workout plan this morning -- high time I add better exercise to my health kick.  Several times throughout my exercises I remembered pieces I've read from Timothy Ferris, a super interesting dude.

Spanish Word

qué hora es la cena -- what time is dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment