Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7 -- International Programmers' Day (01110111011011110110111100100001)

It's a big post today -- lot's to share!

Here's to all international programmers!  As a tribute, I'd like to direct those interested to Khan Academy's Hour of Code Tutorial

Speaking of international... my blog went international last night!  Check it, beep delta.


Today also wraps up the first week of 2014, which means I've blogged seven consecutive days -- here's to me!  I use the smartphone app Lift, which is a social habit building community.  I love it and strongly recommend it to anyone who has made New Year's resolutions.  In addition to Trying Something New for 30 Days (writing this blog), I am a member of the following groups in Lift:

  1. Floss
  2. Work on CCIM designation
  3. Pray
  4. Work on Grad school apps
  5. Play Lumosity
  6. Work on website (I'm building a website for the Davis Center for Portfolio Management at UD)
  7. Eat  Big Mac (... because I like to troll)
  8. Call Brother
  9. Watch Khan Academy
  10. Everyday Picture (below)
  11. Read Bible
  12. Watch a TED Talk
  13. Read one Wikipedia entry
  14. Try Something New for 30 Days
  15. Read for pleasure
  16. Practice musical instrument (right now I'm learning the basics of harmonica)
  17. Learn Spanish (I use either Rosetta Stone or Duolingo)
  18. Meditate
  19. Write in journal
  20. Keep room clean
  21. Cardio
  22. Pull-ups (100)
  23. Push-ups (250)
  24. Complete all Lifts
And a special shout out on this day to +Mariah Douglas because she's a super hottie and we've been dating for a long time now.  All my love, Mariahly!

TED
I found this TED video today by filtering for "courageous" and "best of the web."  It is an intensely emotional talk at the city council in Fort Worth, TX -- Joel Burns: A message to gay teens: It gets better.  Very moving, inspiring.

Wikipedia
Here is the Wikipedia page for the 1990s and below is Portlandia - Dream of the 90s.  The boys at The Nest (our UD house on Lawnview) and I will occasionally get in really 90s moods.  For the Boys!


Spanish Word
gitano -- a gypsy or someone that always plays very dirty

Everyday Photo
January 7, 2014
Thanks for reading!  All the best - G3

No comments:

Post a Comment