Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 14 -- No Class

Stargazing 101 doesn't start until next Tuesday, so today is a class-free day for me.  I woke up by my Jawbone UP's silent smart alarm and to half cooked Mccann's Steel Cut Oats (half cooked because one of my roommates accidentally unplugged my Zojirushi Micom rice cooker).  I've been putting away clothes and up 29 posters in my room for most of the day, listening to a bunch of 8tracks playlists throughout the day but baby-nanas playlist by hemmomfg as I write this now.

You can experience standing in the center of my room at the following link:  http://360.io/T3VzfF

I used 360 Pano to capture it.

TED
So it doesn't look like we'll much longer be bearing discomforts of needle injections.  Mark Kendall: Demo: A needle-free vaccine patch that's safer and way cheaper.  Kendall points out that the syringe is a 160 year old technology.  In addition to relief from the pain, fright, and misuse of needles, the "nanopatch" as an alternative is significantly cheaper, more effective, and environmentally friendly.

Wikipedia
"Tesla" has become a familiar name in recent years as Tesla Motors has rolled out some sleek and high performing electric vehicles (and has it's stock (TSLA) has made its way into dumb money portfolios).  But what I'd like to share by way of Wikipedia article is Nikola Tesla and his eidetic memory, sleeping habits, and his OCD.  Super interesting dude.

Spanish Word
Eso?  Si.  Que es? -- This?  Yes.  What is it?  (Say it out loud.  Hint:  You put them over your toesies.)

2 comments: