Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 29 -- Greenbush, Three Floyds, and Founders

The names in today's title are three of my top favorite craft brewers.  From Greenbush - I particularly like Anger, a Black IPA/Cascadian Dark Ale; from Three Floyds - Permanent Funeral, an Imperial/Double IPA; and Founders - Breakfast Stoud, an American Imperial/Double Stout.  Nom nom nom nom.

TED
Chrystia Freeland: The rise of the new global super-rich is a decent TED Talk.  Freeland is Canadian, and you can tell.  Which I liked.  The subject matter isn't anything new (she provides some statistics and opinions on the state of wealth distribution), but she gave it a new spin by remarking about the trends into the future and the implications that will come.  A little ominous if you let yourself extrapolate from her numbers what it might mean for 99.9% of the world's population (think: basic income and joblessness).


Wikipedia
I learned a new word today: polymath.  I've long said (at least to myself) that I want to be a Renaissance Man.  That's the reason for all the "projects" I do everyday (see my Lift habits from Day 7 -- International Programmers' Day (01110111011011110110111100100001)).

Spanish Word
el colegio/instituto/secudaria -- high school

No comments:

Post a Comment